Skip to main content

Get help if you've been affected by COVID-19

If you've been told to self-isolate

Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for:

  • the Self-isolation Support fund
  • a Test and Trace support payment

Self-isolation Support Fund

Apply for the Self-isolation Support Fund if you've been told to self-isolate by the NHS Test and Trace service and you need help with something other than money, including things like:

  • food
  • collecting prescriptions
  • counselling

You can apply for support once you've started self-isolation any you'll continue to receive support throughout the time you're self-isolating.

As long as one person within your household can show evidence that they need to self-isolate, the entire household can benefit from the support the self-isolation Support Fund offers.

You can apply for the Self-isolation Support Fund up until 31 March, 2022.

How much you'll get

The Self-isolation Support Fund does not include a payment.


To apply for the Self-isolation Support Fund, you'll need to contact Citizens Advice on 01795 417664 or email

Test and Trace support payments

The Test and Trace Support Payment scheme ended on 24 February 2022. If you were required to isolate before this date, you can still submit an application up to 42 days after your first day of isolation.

Apply for a Test and Trace support payment if you need help with money because of COVID-19.

You may be entitled to help if you've lost money because you're caring for a child or someone under 25 with a care need who has tested positive for COVID-19.

Visit our web page for more information about Test and Trace Support Payments, including how to apply.