Skip to main content

Following the government's announcement on Monday 4 January 2021, you must follow national lockdown guidelines. For more information, visit GOV.UK. For information about changes to our services, visit our coronavirus section.

Payments for those on a low income who have to self-isolate

Chapters in this topic

  1. Before you claim
  2. Make a claim

Before you claim

You may be entitled to a Test and Trace Support Payment if you are receiving Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit and you:

  • are employed or self-employed
  • have been told to stay at home and self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace
  • are on a low income, you can’t work from home and you will lose income as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak

We could pay you £500 for the 10 days you self-isolate.

You're not eligible if you:

  • are furloughed or run a business which has closed because of national lockdown restrictions following the government's announcement on Monday 4 January, 2021
  • are quarantining after travelling abroad (unless you test positive during the 14-day quarantine period)
  • continue to receive full wages or you can work from home while you self-isolate
  • started your self isolation period before 28 September, 2020
  • have not received a notification from NHS Test and Trace telling you to self-isolate
  • are applying more than 14 days after the end of your self-isolation period

If you do not meet the main qualifying criteria for a Test and Trace Support Payment but are experiencing exceptional hardship please contact us by email at

We use cookies

Our website uses cookies to monitor the way you use it, helping to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site or clicking "accept cookies", you agree to our cookies. Cookie policy