Skip to main content

Payments for those on a low income who have to self-isolate

Chapters in this topic

  1. Before you claim
  2. Make a claim

Before you claim

You may be entitled to a Test and Trace Support Payment if you are receiving Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit and you:

  • have had a PCR test
  • are employed or self-employed
  • have been told to stay at home and self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace
  • are on a low income, you can’t work from home and you will lose income as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak

We could pay you £500 for the 10 days you self-isolate.

You're not eligible if you:

  • are furloughed or run a business which has closed because of national lockdown restrictions following the government's announcement on Monday 4 January, 2021
  • are quarantining after travelling abroad (unless you test positive during the 14-day quarantine period)
  • continue to receive full wages or you can work from home while you self-isolate
  • started your self isolation period before 28 September, 2020
  • have not received a notification from NHS Test and Trace telling you to self-isolate
  • are applying more than 42 days after the end of your self-isolation period

If you do not meet the main qualifying criteria for a Test and Trace Support Payment but are experiencing exceptional hardship please contact us by email at

Applications for Test and Trace support payments are open until 31 March, 2022.