Skip to content
Do It Online   |  My Services   |  Planning   |  Council tax   |  Bins and recycling   |  Parking and roads   |  Housing

Can I claim?

You may be entitled to help with your rent and Council Tax

People on low incomes may be able to receive Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support to help to pay their rent and council tax.

Would I be entitled?

Before making a claim, check our benefits calculator to find out what benefits and support you may be entitled to.

Fill in a Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support claim form online to make a claim for either Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support or both.

Please be aware that when making your claim, you should allow up to 22 days.

Book a Housing Benefit appointment at any of our three offices. Please note that all advice is by appointment only.

Contact us for further information

Feedback form:
Was this information helpful?
Thanks for letting us know your views!
This feedback will be used to improve our online service. We cannot respond to specific requests.
It's good but
How can we make this section better?
A to Z of Services :
A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z