Skip to main content

Apply for a Provisional Statement

You can use this service if you’re:

  • going to build a premises to use for licensable activities
  • going to alter an existing build to allow licensable activities
  • expecting to occupy a premises

The fee you'll pay for a provisional statement will depend on the type of premises you're going to operate.

You can apply for a provisional statement even if:

  • the premises is already licensed
  • you haven’t applied for an operating licence yet or you’re waiting for the outcome of an application

To apply for a provisional statement, you’ll need to:

  • email our Licensing team at, including a plan of the premises, showing where the licensable activities are going to take place
  • make a payment online

What happens next

Once we’ve received your email, we’ll consider your application and reply to you as soon as possible.