Skip to main content

Following the government's announcement on Monday 4 January 2021, you must follow national lockdown guidelines. For more information, visit GOV.UK. For information about changes to our services, visit our coronavirus section.

Report concerns about land above sea level

To report a concern about a structure of land that’s above sea level, you’ll need to contact:

  • our Engineering team if it’s public property
  • the landowner if it’s private property

Contacting us

To contact our Engineering team, you’ll need to email You’ll need to include:

  • the location of the structure or land
  • a description of the problem

What happens next

Once you’ve reported a concern, we may:

  • visit the location
  • investigate any damage and make any necessary repairs

If your concern is about sea defences, including cliffs or tidal barriers, we will only carry out work if the advantages outweigh the costs.