Skip to main content

Drainage and sewers


  • information and advice about public sewers, including clearing blockages and repairs, contact Southern Water
  • problems with surface water drainage on highways, including blocked gulleys, contact Kent County Council
  • problems with drainage or sewers on your own land, including drains that only serve your house and private septic tanks, you should contact a private drainage company
  • issues that are likely to lead to health problems affecting your property, including raw sewage, contact our Private Sector Housing team

Contacting us

To report a problem affecting your property, email our Private Sector Housing team at You’ll need to include:

  • your address
  • a description of the problem

We use cookies

Our website uses cookies to monitor the way you use it, helping to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site or clicking "accept cookies", you agree to our cookies. Cookie policy