Skip to main content

We are very sorry to all those affected by delays to waste, recycling and garden collections as the crews get used to new routes and vehicles. We are working with Suez to improve the situation, and we’re providing updates with latest information.

Organising an event


If you're organising a public outdoor event, you'll need to tell us so it can be reviewed by the Safety Advisory Group, giving you advice and guidance to make sure it’s safe.

If you're going to sell good, including food and drink, you may need a street trading consent before you can trade.

The Safety Advisory Group includes us and local agencies, including:

  • Kent Police
  • Kent County Council Highways
  • Kent Fire and Rescue Service
  • South East Coast Ambulance and NHS

You’ll need to tell us at least 12 weeks before your event if it doesn’t need a road closure or 17 weeks if it does.

We also recommend that you contact your Parish or Town Council and Ward Councillor to notify them about your event too.

Telling us about your event

You can tell us about your event online. You’ll be able to:

  • send us your documentation
  • manage all your information and documents for any events that you organise
  • use your documents next year by updating them when you run your next event

More information

The Event App website has more information about organising an event, including guidance and template event documents.

If you have any questions, please call the Safety Advisory Group Coordinator 01795 417619 or email

We use cookies

Our website uses cookies to monitor the way you use it, helping to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site or clicking "accept cookies", you agree to our cookies. Cookie policy