Skip to main content

Street Trading

Chapters in this topic

  1. Introduction
  2. Events
  3. Apply and pay
  4. Renew
  5. Appeal


You'll need a street trading licence if you're going to sell food or drink at an event.

Before you get started

To apply for a street trading licence, you'll need to:

  • download, complete and return an application form (PDF 187KB)
  • provide public liability insurance to a value of £5,000,000
  • provide evidence of food business registration
  • make a payment

You must send us your application no later than 7 days before the event is due to take place.

You can make a payment for a street trading licence online.

What happens next

Once you've completed your application, email it to us at

We use cookies

Our website uses cookies to monitor the way you use it, helping to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site or clicking "accept cookies", you agree to our cookies. Cookie policy