Skip to main content

We are very sorry to all those affected by delays to waste, recycling and garden collections as the crews get used to new routes and vehicles. Please report any missed collections within two days so we can work with Suez to improve the service.

Street Trading

Chapters in this topic

  1. Introduction
  2. Events
  3. Apply and pay
  4. Renew
  5. Appeal

Apply and pay

You'll need to send us your application for street trading licence at least 7 days before you intend to start trading.

Before you apply, you’ll need to send us:

  • a map, showing where you’re planning to trade
  • photos of the stall, vehicle or barrow you’re going to use, including its front, back and sides
  • a passport photograph of you and anyone who’s going to work with you
  • public liability insurance, covering a maximum of £5 million
  • proof of your right to work under the Immigration Act 2016
  • your National Insurance number
  • the hours you’re going to trade for

You’ll also need a copy of your food hygiene certificate, if you’re going to sell food.

To apply for street trading consent, you’ll need to download, complete and return an application form (PDF 210KB), pay a fee and send us the document we need.

Pay the fee

You’ll need to pay:

  • £10.60 for up to four day's consent
  • £75.65 for six months consent
  • £151.30 for 12 months consent
  • £17.45 for an assistants badge

You can pay for consent online. You’ll need:

  • the date you’re planning to trade for
  • a debit or credit card

What happens next

Once we’ve received your application, fee and documentation, we’ll process it. If your application is successful, we’ll write to you.

Previous Events
Next Renew

We use cookies

Our website uses cookies to monitor the way you use it, helping to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site or clicking "accept cookies", you agree to our cookies. Cookie policy