Skip to main content

Following the government's announcement on Monday 4 January 2021, you must follow national lockdown guidelines. For more information, visit GOV.UK. For information about changes to our services, visit our coronavirus section.

Due to essential maintenance, searches for both planning applications and stray dogs will be unavailable this Saturday, 12 June along with some our other online services, like Council Tax payments and missed bin reports. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Apply for an Interim Authority Notice

You can use this service if a premises licence has lapsed because the licence holder:

  • has died
  • become incapacitated
  • become insolvent
  • has had a change in their immigration status and the premises licence authorises the supply of alcohol or the provision of late night refreshment

To apply for an interim authority notice, you must have a prescribed interest in the premises or be either a personal presentative, insolvency practitioner or enduring or lasting power of attorney for the licence holder.

You must apply within 28 days of the licence lapsing.

You’ll  need to pay £23 for an interim authority notice.

You’ll need to visit GOV.UK to apply and pay for an interim authority notice.

What happens next

If we’re satisfied with your application, you’ll become the licence holder. You must tell the designated premises supervisor that you’re the licence holder. If you don’t, you could receive a fine.

If we grant the Notice, the licence will lapse again:

  • three months after we’ve received your application for an interim authority notice
  • if you withdraw the licence

You’ll need to apply for a premises licence before it lapses again.

We use cookies

Our website uses cookies to monitor the way you use it, helping to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site or clicking "accept cookies", you agree to our cookies. Cookie policy