Skip to main content

Following the government's announcement on Monday 4 January 2021, you must follow national lockdown guidelines. For more information, visit GOV.UK. For information about changes to our services, visit our coronavirus section.

Tell us about a change of circumstances

Use this service if you’re responsible for paying Council Tax and your circumstances have changed, including where:

  • someone moves in or out of your property, including if you get married or divorced
  • you’ve changed your name
  • someone living with you turns 18
  • someone has died

You can tell us about a change of circumstances online. You’ll need your postcode.

What happens next

Once you’ve told us about a change of circumstances, we’ll make any necessary changes to your Council Tax bill and issue any refunds you may be due.