Skip to main content

Complain about a High Hedge

Use this service if you’ve already tried to settle a dispute about a hedge with your neighbour and they’re refusing to do anything about it. Visit the Swale Mediation Service for advice on helping to resolve disputes between you and your neighbours.

If you haven’t tried to settle the dispute, we may reject your complaint.

To ask us to look at your dispute, you’ll need to download, complete and return a form (PDF 40kb). You’ll need:

  • an estimate of the height of the hedge
  • the reference number for any previous complaints about the same hedge, if you’ve made them
  • your neighbour’s address

Once you've completed the form, you'll need to email it to

What happens next

Once you’ve made a complaint, you’ll need to pay £565 before we can process it.

You can pay the fee online. You’ll need:

  • your postcode
  • a debit or credit card