For the latest advice and guidance following the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, visit our coronavirus section.

Planning breaches and enforcement

Report a breach of planning consent

Before you report a breach, you should check the Public Access Portal to see if there has been an application for planning consent at the location. You’ll need the address or postcode.

If you’re still concerned that work may have been carried out without planning consent, you can report it online, including where the work is:

If you report a breach of planning consent, the information you provide is treated confidentially.

What happens next

If we confirm that work has taken place without appropriate planning consent, we may issue an enforcement notice.

We use cookies

Our website uses cookies to monitor the way you use it, helping to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site or clicking "accept cookies", you agree to our cookies. Cookie policy