Skip to main content

Harvesting Shellfish in Swale

Apply to harvest commercially

Use this service if you’re harvesting shellfish for commercial gain in Swale.

If you’re harvesting cockles, you’ll need a permit as well as a registration document.

To apply for a registration document to harvest shellfish, you’ll need to email our Environment Health Administration at You’ll need to include:

  • the name of your business
  • your businesses contact details

What happens next

Once we’ve received your application, we’ll process your request and send you your registration documents within 5 working days.