Skip to main content

Following the government's announcement on Monday 4 January 2021, you must follow national lockdown guidelines. For more information, visit GOV.UK. For information about changes to our services, visit our coronavirus section.

Due to essential maintenance, searches for both planning applications and stray dogs will be unavailable this Saturday, 12 June along with some our other online services, like Council Tax payments and missed bin reports. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Food business premises approval

Introduction to food business premises approval

You’ll need to be approved by us if you handle or process raw animal products like meat, fish, eggs or dairy products and sell them to other businesses.

If you sell, store or cook food or drink for sale directly to the public, including cafes or restaurants, you may need to register your premises instead..

You can't start any operations that need food premises approval until you've received approval from us.


There is no fee for a food premises approval.

We use cookies

Our website uses cookies to monitor the way you use it, helping to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site or clicking "accept cookies", you agree to our cookies. Cookie policy