Skip to main content

Entertainment Licensing

Apply and pay

To apply for a premises licence, you’ll need to complete an application and pay a fee.

The fee you’ll pay will depend on the rateable value of the premises you’re applying for.

You’ll need to visit GOV.UK to apply and pay for a premises licence. You’ll need:

  • a plan of the premises, drawn to 1:100 scale (external areas drawn to 1:500 scale)
  • a description of the licensable activities you’re going to provide
  • the times you’re open to the public
  • to know whether you’re going to supply alcohol for consumption on, off or on and off the premises
  • a description of the steps you’re going to take to promote the licensing objectives

What happens next

Once you’ve applied for a premises licence:

  • you may need to advertise within the area that will be affected by your licence so people can comment
  • we will hold a public consultation before making a  decision about your application

If we receive objections to your application, we may hold a hearing.

We may make arrangements to visit your premises before we make a decision about your application.

We use cookies

Our website uses cookies to monitor the way you use it, helping to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site or clicking "accept cookies", you agree to our cookies. Cookie policy