Skip to main content

Report benefit fraud

You can report benefit fraud anonymously to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), including where someone hasn't:

  • told us about a change of circumstances
  • provided accurate information on a benefit application

You can report benefit fraud online, by phone or by post.

When you report benefit fraud, try to include as much information as possible, including:

  • their name and address
  • the type of fraud you think they're committing - housing benefit or council tax support for example


To report benefit fraud online, you'll need to visit the GOV.UK website

By phone

To report benefit fraud by phone, you'll need to call the National Benefit Fraud Hotline, between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday on 0800 854 440.

By post

To report benefit fraud by post, you'll need to write to the National Benefit Fraud Hotline at:

  • National Benefit Fraud Hotline
  • PO BOX 224
  • Preston
  • PR1 1GP

We use cookies

Our website uses cookies to monitor the way you use it, helping to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site or clicking "accept cookies", you agree to our cookies. Cookie policy