Skip to main content

Following the government's announcement on Monday 4 January 2021, you must follow national lockdown guidelines. For more information, visit GOV.UK. For information about changes to our services, visit our coronavirus section.


Tell us about a change in your circumstances if you're claiming benefits

Tell us if you're claiming Council Tax Support or housing benefit and your circumstances have changed.

Housing Benefit

Information about housing benefits, including how to make a claim or appeal a decision we've made.

Council Tax Support

Information about Council Tax Support, including when to claim and how to appeal a decision we've made.

Discretionary Housing Payments

Information about Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP), including when you may be eligible and how much you might get.

Support following a return to work

information about extended payments, which can help support you if you're returning to work after claiming benefits.

Pay back overpaid Housing Benefit

Make a payment if you've been asked to pay back overpaid Housing Benefit.

Guidance on sending us supporting documents

Advice if you've made a claim for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support and we've asked you for more information.

Report benefit fraud

Advice about what to do if you think someone is claiming benefits when they shouldn't be.