Skip to main content

Following the government's announcement on Monday 4 January 2021, you must follow national lockdown guidelines. For more information, visit GOV.UK. For information about changes to our services, visit our coronavirus section.

Due to essential maintenance, searches for both planning applications and stray dogs will be unavailable this Saturday, 12 June along with some our other online services, like Council Tax payments and missed bin reports. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Support following a return to work

You may be able to continue claiming Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support for up to four weeks after you or your partner have returned to work, known as extended payments.

Who can claim

To be eligible to receive extended payments, you or your partner must have started work or had an increase in working hours which is expected to last at least five weeks. You or your partner also need to have been receiving one of the following benefits for at least 26 weeks:

  • Job Seeker’s Allowance
  • Employment and Support Allowance
  • Incapacity Benefit
  • Severe Disablement Allowance

Make a claim

To tell us that your circumstances have changed and you want to apply for extended payments, you’ll need to use our contact form.

We use cookies

Our website uses cookies to monitor the way you use it, helping to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site or clicking "accept cookies", you agree to our cookies. Cookie policy