Skip to main content

Following the government's announcement on Monday 4 January 2021, you must follow national lockdown guidelines. For more information, visit GOV.UK. For information about changes to our services, visit our coronavirus section.

Council Tax Support

Before you apply

Council Tax Support is a reduction in the amount of Council Tax you pay.

If you live on your own, you may be entitled to a single person discount.

You can apply for Council Tax Support if you:

  • are on a low income or already claiming benefits
  • own or rent your home
  • already pay Council Tax
  • have less than £10,000 in total capital

You can also claim Council Tax Support if you, or your partner:

  • are of pension age
  • have less than £16,000 in savings, unless you or your partner receives Guaranteed Credit

What you’ll get

We’ll work out how much Council Tax Support you’ll get based on:

  • the total income of your household
  • the number of adults and children living in your house
  • whether you’re receiving any other benefits

You can visit GOV.UK to see which benefits you may be entitled to, including Council Tax Support.

Next Apply