Skip to main content

We are very sorry to all those affected by delays to waste, recycling and garden collections as the crews get used to new routes and vehicles. Please report any missed collections within two days so we can work with Suez to improve the service.

Council Tax Support

Before you apply

Council Tax Support is a reduction in the amount of Council Tax you pay.

If you live on your own, you may be entitled to a single person discount.

You can apply for Council Tax Support if you:

  • are on a low income or already claiming benefits
  • own or rent your home
  • already pay Council Tax
  • have less than £10,000 in total capital

You can also claim Council Tax Support if you, or your partner:

  • are of pension age
  • have less than £16,000 in savings, unless you or your partner receives Guaranteed Credit

What you’ll get

We’ll work out how much Council Tax Support you’ll get based on:

  • the total income of your household
  • the number of adults and children living in your house
  • whether you’re receiving any other benefits

Working age claimants

If you're of working age, the amount of Council Tax Support you'll receive will depend on your income and circumstances.

For example, if you're single and earning up to £140 per week, you may be entitled to up to 60% off your annual Council Tax bill.

You can make a claim for Council Tax Support if you're of working age online.

You can visit GOV.UK to see which benefits you may be entitled to, including Council Tax Support.

Next Apply

We use cookies

Our website uses cookies to monitor the way you use it, helping to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site or clicking "accept cookies", you agree to our cookies. Cookie policy