Skip to main content

Complain about disrepairs to your privately rented property or House in Multiple Occupation (HMO)

Use this service if you have problems at your property which need fixing and either of the following apply:

  • You're a private tenant and you're living in a single house or flat
  • You're living in a house in multiple occupation (HMO)

You should try to resolve any problems with your landlord by writing to them, describing what’s wrong. You can download a sample letter (PDF 17kb) to help you.

If you’ve written to your landlord but you’re not satisfied with the response, you can contact the Private Sector Housing Team for more advice and help.

We use cookies

Our website uses cookies to monitor the way you use it, helping to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site or clicking "accept cookies", you agree to our cookies. Cookie policy