Skip to main content

We are very sorry to all those affected by delays to waste, recycling and garden collections as the crews get used to new routes and vehicles. Please report any missed collections within two days so we can work with Suez to improve the service.

Get Help with Food, Gas, Electric and Water

Published Thursday 2 November, 2023
Last updated on Tuesday 14 May, 2024

Household Support Fund

You may be eligible for help with your food and the cost of utilities through the Household Support Fund.

Funded by UK Government, the scheme is for those most in need of support to help with significantly rising living costs.

Swale Borough Council will be working with local organisations to deliver support with food and fuel provision through a network of established agencies within the Borough.

Who can we help

To be eligible, you must:

  • Be a Swale resident
  • Be Aged over 16 or as part of a household application
  • Be at risk because you do not have access funds to support you
  • Have less than £500 in your bank account

What you’ll get

  • Food parcel
  • Fuel vouchers for pre-paid meters
  • Vouchers for billed utility accounts
  • Information and guidance

How to apply

Information about how to apply for help with food or fuel.

Apply for help with food

For access to emergency food provision in the form of a food parcel, please contact the food bank in your area:

Other food support in Faversham

Apply for help with fuel

For support with a pre-paid gas or electricity meter vouchers (in line with the Fuel Bank Foundation criteria):

For support for those who are on billed utility accounts Household Support Fund ( This service can provide you with a one-off virtual prepaid card, which is to be used to pay your utility provider only.

Support for pensionable aged residents

If you’ll reach state pension age by 31st March 2024 and you need help with hot meals, shopping for food or digital support, please contact

Additional Support Kent County Council

You can also apply to KCC’s fund Household Support Fund in addition to any HSF support received from us.

Can your utility company help?

Most utility providers can support people who are struggling to pay their bills including Southern Water:

Contact your provider to ask them about their emergency fund and what support is available.

Welfare Support

We know that some of our residents may not have claimed all the help that is available, and in the current climate recognise that every bit counts.

We are writing to households in the Borough who have been identified as being eligible to receive certain benefits including Pension Credit, Attendance Allowance and Carers Allowance.

If you have received a letter or think you may be entitled, please follow the relevant links below to check your eligibility and/or make your application:

Additional support

We use cookies

Our website uses cookies to monitor the way you use it, helping to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site or clicking "accept cookies", you agree to our cookies. Cookie policy