Skip to main content

Following the government's announcement on Monday 4 January 2021, you must follow national lockdown guidelines. For more information, visit GOV.UK. For information about changes to our services, visit our coronavirus section.

Due to essential maintenance, searches for both planning applications and stray dogs will be unavailable this Saturday, 12 June along with some our other online services, like Council Tax payments and missed bin reports. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Comments, Compliments and Formal Complaints

Complain about a council service

For general issues like problems with your bins or street cleaning, you should contact the appropriate service

Use this service if you want to make a formal complaint about a council service.

Before you get started

You can complain about a council service online. You may need:

  • the name of the service you’re complaining about, if you know it
  • to tell us whether you’ve contacted us about this issue before

For alternative ways to complain about a service, including by email, you can visit our contact us page.

What happens next

Once you’ve sent us your complaint, we’ll respond to you within 10 working days.

If you're still not satisfied

Use this service if you’ve made a formal complaint about a council service and you’re not satisfied with the response you’ve received.

If you’ve made a formal complaint about a council service and you’re not happy with the response you’ve received, you can raise your complaint to our Chief Executive.

To raise your complaint you’ll need to email . You’ll need to include:

  • why you’re not satisfied with the response you’ve received
  • how you would prefer us to respond to you, for example email or phone

Alternatively, you can write to the Chief Executive at:

  • The Chief Executive
  • Swale Borough Council
  • Swale House
  • East Street
  • Sittingbourne
  • Kent
  • ME10 3HT
  • We use cookies

    Our website uses cookies to monitor the way you use it, helping to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site or clicking "accept cookies", you agree to our cookies. Cookie policy