Skip to main content

Alley gates

Report a fault

Use this service to report a fault with a Council-owned alley gate including:

  • vandalism
  • damage to a gate

Other alley gates in Swale may be privately owned or managed by housing associations, like Southern Housing.

If there’s an issue with one of these gates, you’ll need to contact the owner instead.

Before you get started

To report a fault with an alley gate, you’ll need:

  • the location of the alley gate
  • a description of the damage

You should also include the zone and gate reference number if you know it.

To report a fault with an alley gate, you’ll need to contact our customer service team.

What happens next

Once you’ve reported a fault with an alley gate, we’ll investigate the damage and make any necessary repairs.

An officer from the Community Safety Unit will contact you within 10 working days to tell you about the progress on any repairs and how long it’s estimated to take to complete.

Previous Get a key

We use cookies

Our website uses cookies to monitor the way you use it, helping to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site or clicking "accept cookies", you agree to our cookies. Cookie policy