Skip to main content

Following the government's announcement on Monday 4 January 2021, you must follow national lockdown guidelines. For more information, visit GOV.UK. For information about changes to our services, visit our coronavirus section.

Landlords: deposit protection schemes


You should get advice from the deposit scheme provider if there’s a dispute over how much deposit you should give back to your tenant.

You’ll need to give the deposit to the scheme if:

  • there’s a dispute over the deposit with your tenant
  • you’re in an insured scheme

The scheme will look after it until the dispute is resolved.

We use cookies

Our website uses cookies to monitor the way you use it, helping to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site or clicking "accept cookies", you agree to our cookies. Cookie policy