Skip to main content

Major Emergencies


We can only supply sandbags during a major emergency:

  • to residents who are vulnerable and can’t get their own
  • to protect homes

We can’t supply sandbags to protect outbuildings, garages or gardens.

You can buy sandbags from most builders merchants and large DIY stores.

You can visit the GOV.UK website to find out how to use sandbags to protect your home against flooding.

You can visit the Kent County Council website to report flooding and for more information on different types of flooding and who to contact.

We use cookies

Our website uses cookies to monitor the way you use it, helping to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site or clicking "accept cookies", you agree to our cookies. Cookie policy