Skip to main content

Following the government's announcement on Monday 4 January 2021, you must follow national lockdown guidelines. For more information, visit GOV.UK. For information about changes to our services, visit our coronavirus section.

Ask us for advice before you apply for Planning Permission

Chapters in this topic

  1. When to get advice
  2. Apply
  3. Pay


You can pay for pre-application advice online. You’ll need either the address the application refers to.

Alternatively, you can make a payment by cheque, payable to Swale Borough Council. If you pay be cheque, you should send it to Swale House, Sittingbourne.

What happens next

Once we’ve received your application and payment, we’ll:

  • carry out research into your application, including a site visit if it’s necessary
  • consider whether other organisation may need to be involved
  • write to you about any issues and what you should do to resolved them
Previous Apply