Skip to main content

Abandoned vehicles

Before you report a vehicle

We can’t remove a vehicle just because it:

  • isn't taxed or insured
  • doesn't have an MOT
  • is getting in the way

If the vehicle’s causing an obstruction on a public road, you should report it to the Police by calling 101, or 999 if it’s an emergency.

Reporting an untaxed vehicle

You’ll need to visit the GOV.UK website to report an untaxed vehicle. Alternatively, you can call the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) on 08000 325202.

We use cookies

Our website uses cookies to monitor the way you use it, helping to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site or clicking "accept cookies", you agree to our cookies. Cookie policy