Skip to main content

Housing Benefit Overpayments

Advice for employees

If you're not receiving Housing Benefit and you're working, we can request a Direct Earnings Attachment (DEA) from your employer.

A DEA allows your employer to take the money you owe us from your earnings over a period of time.

Your employer will receive guidance on how much to take.

Employers must comply with a request for a DEA.

For more information, visit and GOV.UK.

We use cookies

Our website uses cookies to monitor the way you use it, helping to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site or clicking "accept cookies", you agree to our cookies. Cookie policy