Skip to main content

Following the government's announcement on Monday 4 January 2021, you must follow national lockdown guidelines. For more information, visit GOV.UK. For information about changes to our services, visit our coronavirus section.

Advice for landlords on renting a property

Home energy efficiency

You’ll need to have your properties assessed by an accredited energy assessor. The Assessment will:

  • show the running costs for heating, hot water and lighting
  • show a list of recommended energy saving improvements
  • provide you with an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

You could receive a fine of up to £5,000 if you:

  • rent a property which achieves an EPC rating below E
  • are thinking of renting a property which achieves an EPC rating of F or G

You can visit GOV.UK to find an accredited energy assessor.