Skip to main content

Following the government's announcement on Monday 4 January 2021, you must follow national lockdown guidelines. For more information, visit GOV.UK. For information about changes to our services, visit our coronavirus section.

Due to essential maintenance, searches for both planning applications and stray dogs will be unavailable this Saturday, 12 June along with some our other online services, like Council Tax payments and missed bin reports. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Unlicensed Family Entertainment Centres


If you’re going to provide Category D machines, you’ll need a family entertainment centre gaming machine permit.


You can apply for a family entertainment centre gaming machine permit for any premises or vessel which is in a fixed location when you’re providing the activities the licence covers, including:

  • vessels designed or adapted for use in, on or over water
  • hovercrafts, as defined under the Hovercraft Act 1968

You can’t apply for a family entertainment centre gaming machine permit for a vehicle.

Other considerations

You may have to pay Machine Games Duty (MGD).

We use cookies

Our website uses cookies to monitor the way you use it, helping to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site or clicking "accept cookies", you agree to our cookies. Cookie policy