Skip to main content

Applying for planning permission

The planning team are experiencing a high volume of applications and as such we will be reducing officer contact for a trial period of 8 weeks from Monday 6 February.

You can use the Public Access system to view existing planning applications and check progress.

Making changes

You can make certain minor changes to a planning application after it has been granted, known as non-material amendments and minor-material amendments.

If you want to make significant changes to your application after it has been approved, you’ll need to make a new application instead.

You won’t be able to:

  • change the boundary of the site
  • make significant changes to the description of the development
  • make changes to your application that would make the impact of your development worse for your neighbours
  • make changes that raised objections before your application was approved

You can apply for non-material amendments using the Planning Portal.